Mittwoch, 2. September 2015

August Wrap-Up!

August was an interesting reading month.
I participated in the BookTube-A-Thon. And I failed. I'm so bad at read-a-thons....
But let's take a look at the wonderful books I've read during the month!

My month started with a German book called Orangen und Engel by Ingo Schulze. The positive point is that it made me interested in other stuff by this author. But I didn't really enjoy this one. Gave it 3 Stars

Then the BookTube-A-Thon to place and I've read the following books!

Where the wild things are by Maurice Sendak. A wonderful, very charming children's picture book. I've read that for the "Book in one sitting" challenge 5 Stars

The Age of Earthquakes: A Guide to the Extreme Present by various authors. A very thought-provoking non-fiction book! The art and design were used perfectly! That was a book I've recently acquired because of the recommendation of Leena over justkissmyfrog. 4.75 Stars

He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. Not my book at all, a lot of Black-and-White thinking. This one was the book I wanted to read for a long time unfortunately I had to give it  2.5 Stars

The Isobel Journal by Isobel Harrop perfect book at the perfect time. I read this one, because Leena over justkissmyfrog recommended this one too. I've described it on Goodreads as the perfect randomness! It was the book with blue on the cover. 5 Stars

So, I've only read 4 books for the BookTube-A-Thon...

The other books I've read this month:


Reasons to stay alive by Matt Haig A life changing, highly influential book about the truth about mental illnesses! 5 Stars

Guitar Notes by Mary Amato a surprisingly awesome, wonderful YA Novel which I couldn't put down! 5 Stars

As you may see, it was quite a great month, so I could put these books on my favorites shelf:
Where the wild things are
The Isobel Journal
Reasons to stay alive
Guitar Notes






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen