Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015

#BellLetsTalk - Mental Illness/Disorder - My own experiences

Today the organisation "Bell Let's Talk" donates 5¢ for every Tweet using #BellLetsTalk
https://twitter.com/Bell_LetsTalk
The organisation will invest the money in more mental health intiatives.
Mental Disorder was, is and will always be a part of our society.
I ,and hopefully many others, don't want it to be a taboo anymore.
Don't be ashamed to search for help if you suffer a mental disorder. There is nothing wrong with it.
I want mental illness to be treatend like any other illness is.
No one is ashamed going to the doctor because of a physical illness! How fucked up our society has to be if someone needs to be ashamed to search help!?
Don't tell me mental disorder isn't a problem!
Open the newspaper, watch TV, go on Social Media. Each day you hear another message of some commiting suicide.
Kurt Cobain.
Robin Williams.
Cory Monteith.
Rick Rypien.
And so many others we don't know their names because they weren't famous.
And think of all those who still suffer in silence...
Mental disorder is a part of us. Mental disorder has not simply one face but many. Mental disorder could catch every single one of us.


Mental disorder catched me.
This is my own story of dealing with major depressive disorder.
I was bullied in school. They called me worthless, they told me the world would be a better place without me.
One day, I started to believe them...
It caused a Burnout when I was 14 which led to the depression.
I didn't leave the house for over a half year, I suffered anxiety and yes, I didn't think my life was worth living anymore.
Fortunately, I had my Mom. She didn't closed her eyes. She saw I had a huge, huge problem.
Thanks to her Im still here.
Thanks to her I was able to accepted that I have problem and that it is okay to ask for help.
And one sweet day, 9th of July 2012, I visited the Bruce Springsteen concert with my Mom. It was the first time I left the house again without breaking down.
Yes, in the beginning it was very, very difficult. But then the music started to play and it was that moment which changed my life again.
It was the beginning of a long recovery, a long journey of loving myself again.
And now, here I am.
Nearly 19 years old, and yes I love life, I never loved it more. And I love myself. Yes, I do still have days who aren't easy. I will recover during my whole live.
But I know now, my life is soo much worth living. I love every single bit of my life.
My mental disorder will always be a part of me. And I accepted that. And I searched for help and started to build a normal life again.


So, never let anyone tell you you're not worth loving. You are. And let me tell you what, I do love you. Because you're beautiful, you're unique and so loveable!



And now. It's up to you out there. Don't look away. Talk.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen